rather unexpectedly

I wonder how long you’ve been lying there, watching – before I turned over and met your eyes. Two worlds then welded into one for just one moment, before I subconsciously closed my eyes and returned to a slumber. But that strangely familiar gentle touch I felt, when you leaned over and draped that strong arm over me. Your wafting scent was as usual, though most unexpectedly, intoxicating and most intimate.
My eyes remained closed, dreaming a semi-imaginary scenario, but for you, the magic had been lost, broken by your awakening to the reality of this closeness. We know, that watching in the distance, is by far, much more sheltered and comfortable (ironically, like those cushions we were sleeping on), compared to the dangerous liaisons one is put in peril of, when in proximity.
Perhaps you now, just prefer the safeguard distance allows. Sometimes I do too, but at times like this… I still haven’t learnt, have I?
Perhaps you now, just prefer the safeguard distance allows. Sometimes I do too, but at times like this… I still haven’t learnt, have I?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home